Jan 01, 2023 | CHASENBOSCOLO
Suppose you’ve been in a car accident. When that happens, it’s common to deal with an insurance adjuster who seems more interested in protecting the insurance company’s interests than fairly compensating you for your injuries and losses. However, there are ways that you can “scare” the adjuster and level the playing field.
If you’ve been in a car accident and are stuck dealing with stubborn insurance adjusters, one of our qualified car accident lawyers can help.
Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
The first and most important step in scaring an insurance adjuster is to hire a car accident lawyer. A good lawyer will have the knowledge, experience, and resources to build a strong case on your behalf and negotiate a fair settlement.
Here are some of the ways that a car accident lawyer can help you:
- Gather and analyze evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records
- Estimate the value of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage
- Identify all liable parties and pursue all available insurance coverage
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster and other parties on your behalf
- File a lawsuit if necessary and represent you in court
Another way to scare an insurance adjuster is to be proactive about your case. This means taking the initiative to gather and organize your evidence and documentation, such as:
- Photos of the scene of the accident, your injuries, and the damage to your car
- Contact information for witnesses and any police officers who responded to the scene
- Medical bills, receipts, and records from your treatment
- Pay stubs or other documentation of your lost wages
- A journal of your pain and suffering, including notes on how your injuries have affected your daily life
Proactively, you can demonstrate to the insurance adjuster that you are serious about your case and prepared to fight for fair compensation.
Insurance adjusters are often bombarded with claims and may try to push yours to the side or lowball you with a quick, subpar offer. Don’t take no for an answer; be persistent in pursuing fair compensation. This can be done by:
- Following up with the adjuster regularly and keeping records of all correspondence
- Requesting a copy of the adjuster’s file on your case
- Being prepared to provide additional documentation or evidence when requested
- Being willing to negotiate but not settling for less than what you deserve
It’s also important to be persistent when working with your lawyer. Be sure to inform them about all the developments in your case and any correspondence you have with the insurance adjuster. They could then use this to their advantage when fighting for a higher settlement.
Be Prepared to Sue
Suing an insurance company may seem daunting, but it is an important option if the adjuster is not willing to offer a fair settlement. It shows you are serious about your case and unafraid to take legal action. It also pressures the insurance company to take your case seriously and consider a fair settlement. Keep in mind that suing should always be considered a last resort. It’s a time-consuming and costly process that can be emotionally and mentally taxing. It’s always best to reach a settlement out of court first, as long as the offer is reasonable.
A skilled car accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and decide whether to sue. It’s essential to have a legal professional who can advise you on the best course of action and represent you in court if necessary.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Dealing with an insurance adjuster after a car accident can be a frustrating and overwhelming experience. However, by hiring a car accident lawyer, being proactive, persistent, and prepared to sue if necessary, you can level the playing field and increase your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and losses.