How to Scare an Insurance Adjuster
Jan 01, 2023 | CHASENBOSCOLO
If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s not uncommon to deal with an insurance adjuster who seems to be more interested in protecting the interests of the insurance company than in fairly compensating you for your injuries and losses. However, there are ways that you can “scare” the adjuster and level the playing field.
If you’ve been in a car accident and are stuck dealing with stubborn insurance adjusters, one of our qualified car accident lawyers can help.
Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
The first and most important step in scaring an insurance adjuster is to hire a car accident lawyer. A good lawyer will have the knowledge, experience, and resources to build a strong case on your behalf and negotiate a fair settlement.
Here are some of the ways that a car accident lawyer can help you:
- Gather and analyze evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records
- Estimate the value of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage
- Identify all liable parties and pursue all available insurance coverage
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster and other parties on your behalf
- File a lawsuit if necessary and represent you in court
Another way to scare an insurance adjuster is to be proactive about your case. This means taking the initiative to gather and organize your evidence and documentation, such as:
- Photos of the scene of the accident, your injuries, and the damage to your car
- Contact information for witnesses and any police officers who responded to the scene
- Medical bills, receipts, and records from your treatment
- Pay stubs or other documentation of your lost wages
- A journal of your pain and suffering, including notes on how your injuries have affected your daily life
By being proactive, you can demonstrate to the insurance adjuster that you are serious about your case and that you are prepared to fight for fair compensation.
Insurance adjusters are often bombarded with claims, and they may try to push yours to the side or lowball you with a quick, subpar offer. Don’t take no for an answer and be persistent in your pursuit of fair compensation. This can be done by:
- Following up with the adjuster regularly and keeping records of all correspondence
- Requesting a copy of the adjuster’s file on your case
- Being prepared to provide additional documentation or evidence when requested
- Being willing to negotiate, but not settling for less than what you deserve
It’s also important to be persistent when working with your lawyer. Be sure to keep them informed about all the developments in your case and any correspondence you have with the insurance adjuster. They could then use this to their advantage when fighting for a higher settlement.
Be Prepared to Sue
Suing an insurance company may seem like a daunting task, but it is an important option to have if the adjuster is not willing to offer a fair settlement. It shows that you are serious about your case and that you are not afraid to take legal action. It also puts pressure on the insurance company to take your case seriously and consider a fair settlement. Keep in mind that suing should always be considered a last resort. It’s a time-consuming and costly process, and it can be emotionally and mentally taxing. It’s always best to try to reach a settlement out of court first, so long as the settlement offer is reasonable.
A skilled car accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and make informed decisions about whether you should sue or not. It’s essential to have a legal professional on your side who can advise you on the best course of action and represent you in court if necessary.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Dealing with an insurance adjuster after a car accident can be a frustrating and overwhelming experience. However, by hiring a car accident lawyer, being proactive, persistent, and prepared to sue if necessary, you can level the playing field and increase your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Our team of dedicated Virginia car accident attorneys from CHASENBOSCOLO is standing by and ready to help you take the fight to the insurance adjusters. Call us today at (301) 220-0050 for your free case evaluation.