Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Virginia
Virginia employers with two or more employees are required by law to provide workers’ compensation insurance. If you were injured in an accident at work, or you suffer from a work-related illness or chronic condition, you may be eligible to receive benefits under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act.
Our Virginia workers’ compensation attorneys can help determine what types of benefits and compensation you may be eligible to receive. Under the Virginia workers’ compensation law, injured workers may receive:
- Medical care for doctors, hospitalizations, tests and therapy
- Mileage reimbursement and parking expenses for trips to the doctor
- Prescription drugs
- Prostheses (artificial limbs)
- Temporary total or temporary partial disability benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Permanent partial or permanent total disability benefits
- Future medical care
If a worker dies because of a workplace accident or condition, his or her dependents may be eligible to receive death benefits—which cover medical costs, burial expenses and partial lost wages.
The workers’ compensation laws are difficult to understand without proper legal representation. That’s why it’s so vital that you have an experienced attorney on your side. Don’t take chances with your workers’ compensation claim—get ChasenBoscolo, and get the Lawyers that Care on your side today.
Virginia Workers’ Compensation Facts & Statistics
Getting benefits after a workplace accident is no easy task. Estimates from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show that there are currently more that 4.3 million full-time workers employed in Virginia. Around 3,500 workplace accidents, injuries and illnesses are reported in Virginia each year, and nearly 150 Virginia workers lose their lives due to on-the-job accidents.
Any worker who misses time at work due to a workplace injury may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits—but only around 2,500 claims for workers’ compensation benefits are made in Virginia each year. At ChasenBoscolo Injury Lawyers, we know that even fewer Virginia workers’ compensation claims accurately compensate injured workers for their damages, and many injured workers leave money on the table.
Hiring a Workers’ Comp Lawyer Can Help
Our team of Virginia workers’ compensation attorneys has almost 30 years of experience advocating on behalf of injured Virginians like you. We have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the workers’ compensation processes in Virginia and help you get the benefits that are rightfully yours.
When you contact our Virginia workers’ compensation lawyers, we can help you:
- Review your claim to make sure you have all the necessary documents and information
- Ensure your claim is as accurate and strong as possible
- Keep track of deadlines and file all necessary paperwork accurately and on time
- Answer any questions about your accident, your benefits and the legal process in Virginia
- Gather medical records, medical evidence and other evidence necessary to prove the extent of your injury
- Determine the true past, current and future medical costs of your injury
- Accurately calculate the real amount of current and future wage loss caused by your injury
- File a strong appeal on your behalf if your initial claim was denied
- Get the most money possible as quickly as possible
- Hold accountable any negligent parties responsible for your injury
- Get the rehabilitation and vocational training services you need to move forward with your life
Get a Lawyer That Cares
Our team of Virginia workers’ compensation lawyers at ChasenBoscolo take great pride in helping injured workers get back on their feet. Learn more about what we can do for you if you were injured on the job. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 322-3380 or fill out a free contact request form.