Virginia Equipment Failure Truck Accident Attorneys
If you have been hurt in an accident due to faulty truck equipment, you may be entitled to compensation. These truck accidents can cause severe injuries and serious property damage. You do not have to face these challenges alone; assistance is available to help you down the road to recovery.
The Virginia truck accident lawyers at CHASENBOSCOLO have helped injured people recover from truck accidents for more than 30 years. We dedicate ourselves to providing compassionate representation to every client, and we will fight to secure the compensation you deserve.
We provide a free case evaluation to all prospective clients, and if you choose to work with us, we won’t charge a fee unless we win your case. To schedule your initial consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer, call (703) 538-1138 now.
Do I Need an Equipment Failure Truck Accident Attorney?
If you have suffered costly property damage and/or physical injury in a truck accident, it is important to get in touch with a truck accident attorney. Not only do these accidents tend to inflict more extensive damage than personal vehicle accidents, they are also more complicated from a legal and financial standpoint. To secure the compensation that will help you recover from the accident, you will almost certainly need an experienced lawyer on your side.
In truck accidents that involve equipment failure, it is critical to prove that a truck part was faulty and that another party – whether it be the driver, the trucking company, or a parts manufacturer – is responsible for this failure. A skilled truck accident attorney can help you make a strong case and recover compensation by:
- Obtaining and reviewing a wide range of evidence, including details about the vehicle’s parts, truck company policy, and expert witness statements
- Applying a thorough knowledge of trucking rules and regulations, both state and federal, to build your case
- Skillfully negotiating with insurance companies to reach a fair settlement
- If necessary, going head-to-head with powerful trucking companies, truck manufacturers, or others in court
Why Choose CHASENBOSCOLO to Handle My Case?
If you choose to work with CHASENBOSCOLO following a truck accident, you can be confident that your case will be handled with skill and compassion. We have represented people injured in accidents in Virginia since 1986, when Barry Chasen founded our firm with a critical guiding principle: “take care of the clients.” This empathetic approach and our decades’ worth of experience strengthen each and every case we take on.
Our case results speak to the quality of our work. We have secured more than $750 million dollars in total for past clients, including a number of recent truck accident cases. If we handle your case, we will aggressively pursue full compensation for the harm you have suffered.
We are also committed to making our services available to anyone who needs them, regardless of financial status. We offer the No Fee Guarantee to all clients. Through this system, we guarantee that you will not have to pay any attorneys’ fees until we recover compensation for you.
Types of Equipment Failure Truck Accidents We Handle
Commercial trucks are large, complex machines with many parts that could fail and lead to a serious accident. Our attorneys have handled cases that involved all sorts of truck equipment failure. Whatever faulty machinery may have caused your accident, we are prepared to build a case for you to receive compensation.
Here are some common types of equipment failure that we have seen lead to our clients’ accidents:
- Faulty brakes
- Tire defects
- Steering system defects
- Engine failure
- Poor trailer attachment
Who Could Be Held Liable For an Equipment Failure Truck Accident?
In the event of equipment failure causing a truck accident, there are multiple parties who may owe you compensation for the damage you incur. This is part of what makes these accidents so complicated when it comes to recovering compensation.
Luckily, your lawyer will be able to amass the necessary evidence to determine who is at fault for the accident. Below, we have described some of the potentially liable parties that your attorney will investigate.
- The driver: Truck drivers are required to perform regular inspections on the vehicles they drive. They also receive maintenance tips from dispatchers at weigh stations. If a driver should have sought maintenance for faulty truck equipment, that driver could be found liable for a resulting accident.
- The trucking company: Trucking companies also have a responsibility to inspect their vehicles and keep them properly maintained. However, even though federal law requires this maintenance for the sake of roadway safety, some companies cut corners to save money. If a piece of truck equipment fails after a corner-cutting measure and subsequently causes an accident, the trucking company may be held financially responsible.
- The truck manufacturer: In some cases, the truck (or truck part) manufacturer may be at fault for the accident. Manufacturers must ensure that their products are safe for consumer use – but every so often, manufacturers fail to meet this standard. If a truck part was defective from the get-go or didn’t hold up to normal wear and tear as required, the manufacturer may be held liable for an accident.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Your Accident
Following a truck accident, you may be eligible for multiple forms of compensation. We will pursue every type of compensation that you deserve for the damage you have suffered.
Depending on the results of the accident, you could be compensated for the following losses:
- Property damage, such as the cost of repairing or replacing a car
- Medical bills, including future expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages, including PTO and sick days
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact CHASENBOSCOLO Today
If you have been injured in an equipment failure truck accident, do not wait to seek legal assistance. There is a two-year time limit for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Virginia, which means that time is truly of the essence. To ensure that you have the time you need to gather evidence and attempt to reach a settlement, contact a lawyer today.
The truck accident attorneys at CHASENBOSCOLO are ready to help you now. Call (703) 538-1138 to schedule a free consultation and discuss your options to achieve recovery.