Virginia Driver Error Truck Accident Lawyers
If a truck driver’s error led to your accident and injuries, contact CHASENBOSCOLO to help you pursue the full and fair compensation you need. Our Virginia truck accident attorneys will work vigorously to hold the truck driver liable for their recklessness and help you get on the road to recovery. We understand the complexities of truck accident injury cases. We will advocate for your rights and fight for the justice you deserve.
Driver error can include anything from disobeying traffic signs to tailgating another vehicle. When someone makes a dangerous mistake, it puts everyone around them at risk of injury. Truck drivers have an enormous responsibility. They must operate a large and heavy vehicle, maneuver it through traffic, and ensure the cargo they’re transporting gets to its destination on time. However, one wrong move could lead to an accident, causing devastating consequences.
Our Virginia driver error accident lawyers have been handling cases like yours since 1986. We will keep your best interests in mind when we’re pursuing legal action against the truck driver. We understand that money can’t undo the traumatic experience you went through, but we’re hoping it can provide financial relief while you’re healing from your injuries.
To find out more about our legal services, call CHASENBOSCOLO at (703) 538-1138 for a free consultation.
Common Types of Driver Error Truck Accidents
Trucks can cause a number of different types of accidents. These behemoth vehicles can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and span the length of four compact cars. Due to a large truck’s size and weight, it can end up colliding with another vehicle in many ways.
The most common types of driver error truck accidents include:
- Head-on accidents – These accidents are some of the most violent and deadly. A truck that collides with the front of a small car almost always causes severe injuries and fatalities, especially if the truck driver is traveling at high speeds.
- Rear-end collisions – This type of crash occurs when the front of a truck impacts the back of another person’s vehicle. It often happens when the truck driver is tailgating someone and doesn’t have enough distance to stop.
- Blindspot accidents – There are four significant blind spots on a commercial truck. One in the front, one in the back, and one on either side. Truck drivers should always check their blind spots before merging, turning, or changing lanes. If they don’t, they could sideswipe a car or drive over it.
- Jackknife accidents – A large truck jackknifes when the front cab and back trailer slide towards each other to create an angle. This is typically the result of poor maneuvering, an overloaded cargo, or sudden braking.
- Rollover accidents – When a truck tips onto its side, it can trap the occupants of a smaller vehicle underneath. If a truck driver loses control of their vehicle, they can’t maneuver themselves to safety and end up causing harm to those around them.
- Underride accidents – An underride accident occurs when a car ends up underneath a large truck. This can happen if the truck driver makes a sudden maneuver or brakes suddenly for no reason, causing the vehicle behind them to crash and get stuck under the back of the trailer.
If you were involved in any of these types of truck accidents, you should immediately contact CHASENBOSCOLO. Although the truck driver’s actions clearly led to your injuries, it can sometimes be difficult to prove. We have the resources to locate crucial evidence and show the insurance company or a jury that you deserve financial compensation.
Common Causes of Driver Error Truck Accidents
Driver error is a broad category, including many types of behaviors. A driver who has poor judgment or knowingly exhibits dangerous actions could cause an accident. Some of the most common driver errors associated with truck accidents include:
- Failure to check blind spots
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Braking suddenly or improperly
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Becoming distracted by a cell phone
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Many other behaviors could lead to a truck accident. If you’re unsure if the truck driver can be held liable for your injuries, you should immediately contact CHASENBOSCOLO. We can review the details of your case to determine who was at fault and if you deserve compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
Compensation Available After a Driver Error Accident in Virginia
You may have suffered multiple losses as a result of your truck accident. Accidents don’t only cause physical injuries but emotional trauma and financial burdens, as well. The truck driver or their insurance company should be the one to pay for your medical treatment and costs associated with your injury.
There is a fault system in Virginia that decides who is financially responsible after an accident. The person who was at fault becomes liable for the accident victim’s injuries and losses. These losses include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical bills
- Disfigurement or deformity
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Car repair or replacement costs
You could pursue your past and future losses by filing a claim with the truck driver’s liability insurance company. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, all truck drivers must hold liability insurance with minimum coverage depending on the type of cargo they’re transporting and their truck’s weight.
How Can CHASENBOSCOLO Help?
It’s important to have an experienced Virginia driver error accident lawyer on your side while you’re pursuing compensation. Whether you file an insurance claim or a lawsuit, there are roadblocks you could face that you won’t know how to handle without legal representation.
At CHASENBOSCOLO, we have over three decades of experience holding people accountable for their actions. We can gather evidence, build a strong case, negotiate for compensation we believe is fair, and battle against the truck driver or trucking company in court. Once you retain our services, we will begin investigating the accident to determine the cause and who should be liable for your losses.
We will collect all the necessary evidence that proves someone else is to blame for your injuries, such as:
- Your medical records and medical bills
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Accident scene photos
- Truck driver’s employment and driving history
- Video surveillance footage of the crash
- Crash report
- Vehicle repair estimates
Our Virginia driver error accident lawyers will protect the rights afforded to you as an accident victim. When you get hurt through no fault of your own, you have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party. You should not have to walk away from this devastating situation with nothing. You need and deserve a monetary award that compensates you for your suffering and pays for the medical care required to heal.
Who Can I Sue After a Truck Accident?
Most people assume the driver is at fault for an accident. That’s because they were the person behind the wheel who made an error, leading to your injuries. However, it’s not just the truck driver that you could hold accountable for the crash. The trucking company might be to blame if their actions resulted in an inexperienced or unqualified driver being on the road.
Trucking companies are held to a high standard and must also follow certain Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. Violating these regulations could cause a truck accident that they are responsible for causing. According to these regulations, trucking companies must:
- Ensure all drivers must carry valid commercial driver’s licenses
- perform routine drug and alcohol testing
- Ensure cargo gets loaded and secured properly
- Inspect, maintain, and repair all trucks regularly
- Provide training for truck drivers
- Ensure employees follow federal regulations and company procedures
- Enforce hours of service regulations and review driver logs
If the trucking company failed to follow federal or state laws, and one of their drivers ends up causing an accident, they could assume financial liability for your past and future losses. CHASENBOSCOLO can perform a thorough investigation to uncover the company’s hiring practices, driver records, and other vital information.
Speak to a Dedicated Virginia Driver Error Accident Lawyer
At CHASENBOSCOLO, we treat our clients like family. We will provide you with the one-on-one attention you deserve throughout your entire case. We never pressure anyone into decisions they’re not ready to make. We will always have your best interests in mind while we’re navigating the legal process. If you have a goal in mind, we will do what we can to reach it.
Since opening our law firm, we have been able to win over $750 million for our clients. We care about our community and strive to make it a safer place. Our results have earned us recognition from prestigious legal organizations, such as Super Lawyers, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Martindale-Hubbell.
If you were injured in an accident caused by truck driver error and want representation from an experienced and compassionate Virginia driver error accident lawyer, call CHASENBOSCOLO at (703) 538-1138. We will be happy to meet with you for a free consultation to review your case and determine the best options for recovering compensation.