Maryland Wrongful Death Lawyers
The unexpected death of a loved one is devastating. If the negligent or malicious actions of another person caused that death, it can feel even more painful. If your family member’s death was caused by someone else, you may be able to hold that person financially accountable via a wrongful death claim. Recovering financial compensation after the loss of a loved one can be crucial both for keeping your family afloat and for helping you find closure.
You don’t have to face the insurance companies and their teams of lawyers all alone during your time of grief. At CHASENBOSCOLO, our compassionate attorneys are committed to fighting for justice with you and won’t quit until you reach the best possible settlement, allowing you to move forward with your life. To learn more about how we can help you, schedule a free consultation by calling (301) 220-0050 today.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Right now, if you are suffering from the significant loss of a loved one, you need time to grieve and to heal. This traumatic experience can be made much worse by having to deal with aggressive insurance agents and lawyers. You do not have to put yourself through this additional stress. Instead, hire a lawyer to handle your claim for you while you focus on yourself and your family.
Filing a wrongful death lawsuit can be a daunting process. It requires meticulous care and determination to gather and present all of the necessary evidence and negotiate with an opponent or argue before a jury. Depending on the accident that led to your loved one’s death, it may be complicated to identify all of the liable parties. The plaintiff will have to interpret complex medical records, communicate with insurance agents, and file paperwork correctly and on time. Lawyers are trained to handle all of these steps and more. With a lawyer on your side, you are far more likely to receive the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Why Choose CHASENBOSCOLO?
For superior handling of wrongful death claims, choose CHASENBOSCOLO. Our attorneys will position your case to win. We will devote our efforts to your case until you get the absolute best possible financial settlement.
We understand the pain of your loss and how difficult it is to move forward. Our attorneys will be able to explain each step of the process to you and manage your case professionally and with transparency. Our team will work with you with compassion and make this difficult process as easy as possible for you. Our attorneys have over 30 years of experience and will ensure that all of your court documents, insurance claims, and other paperwork is filed correctly and on time.
While you are recovering from your trauma, our attorneys can pore over all of your documents for you, so you don’t have to. We will help you gather and analyze every bit of crucial evidence, such as police reports, medical records, insurance documents, witness statements, photos, videos, and any other piece of information necessary to prove that you are entitled to compensation. We can calculate the value of your damages, including both economic and non-economic losses, or enlist experts such as accountants to help.
The level-headed negotiators of CHASENBOSCOLO will be able to represent your interests during negotiations with insurance companies and other parties, and they can advise you about the best settlement offers. Our team also has the courtroom experience to take your case to trial if you are not satisfied with the settlement offers. We are committed to getting you the compensation that you are owed for suffering your loss and won’t quit until you do.
At CHASENBOSCOLO, we believe that everyone deserves quality legal representation, regardless of their financial situation. That is why we have a No-Fee Guarantee. We will handle all the costs of your case upfront, and only take a fraction of your final winnings. In the unlikely event that we are unable to recover any compensation, you will not owe us a cent.
Types of Cases We Handle
Wrongful death can occur in a variety of ways. At CHASENBOSCOLO, we have handled wrongful death claims resulting from accidents including:
- Accidental Drowning – About 10 people die every day in the United States from accidental drownings, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Property owners are responsible for security gates and fencing to prevent such accidents.
- Asbestos Lung Cancer – According to a recent report by the CDC, deaths due to malignant lung cancer caused by asbestos are on the rise, increasing about 5% annually. Companies have a duty to protect workers who are exposed to asbestos during demolition or other work.
- Bus, Truck, and Auto Accidents – Determining liability can be difficult if there are different owners, operators, and drivers involved. Every case is unique, so it may take an investigation to reconstruct the accident and gather the necessary evidence. If you have lost a loved one in an automobile accident that was someone else’s fault, call us immediately.
- Defective Product Liability – Defects in design, manufacturing, and packaging of products can cause deadly injuries. Since these claims are often against huge corporations, hiring an attorney is key to success.
- Defense Base Accidents – Civilian contractors who work overseas are exposed to some of the same dangers as military troops. The Defense Base Act is a federal law that covers injuries, illnesses, and deaths of civilian workers who are employed overseas on a military base or under contract by the Department of Defense.
- Drug Deaths – Opioid, alcohol, and other drug-related fatalities are on the rise in Maryland, according to the Maryland Department of Health. Families suffer when pharmaceutical industries place profits above people. We can help you go up against the big corporations to compensate your family for your pain and suffering.
- Inadequate Security – Businesses in Maryland have a responsibility to keep their patrons safe on their premises. If a victim is killed as a result of an assault or robbery due to a failure in security, the property owner may be responsible for damages. Lack of lighting, undertrained staff, and insecure gates are examples of inadequate security.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Abuse and neglect in places that tend to the elderly can have tragic consequences. Neglect or abuse can easily be fatal for people of old age with fragile medical conditions. We can help families hold nursing homes accountable for their actions and their negligence if it has led to the death of a loved one.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Motorists who use cell phones while behind the wheel, or drive while drunk or drowsy, can easily kill a pedestrian in a fatal car accident. Careless drivers should be held accountable for their negligence and compensate the victim’s family for their loss.
- Slip and Falls – Falls are the leading cause of injury and death in older adults, according to the CDC. If someone falls and dies in an accident on someone else’s property due to hazardous conditions or because reasonable safety measures weren’t taken, then we can help.
- Workplace Accidents – If your loved one died while at work or performing work-related duties, you may be entitled to death benefits via workers’ compensation insurance. Workers’ compensation is different from a regular personal injury lawsuit, so contact a lawyer to learn how to go about this unique claim.
- Veterans Burial and Survivors Benefits – If you are the survivor of a service member or veteran whose death was service-related, you may be eligible for benefits. Applying for them can be complicated and confusing, but our team knows how the Department of Veterans Affairs operates and can help you receive the benefits that you are owed.
- Violent Crime – If your loved one was killed in an assault or murder, you can sue the perpetrator for damages. It is important to note that your civil claim for compensation is totally separate from a criminal trial, so even if they are found not guilty, you may still succeed in your case.
While these are some of the most common causes of wrongful deaths in Maryland, this list is not exhaustive. If your family member passed away as a result of any incident caused by another person or entity, you may be able to recover compensation with the help of CHASENBOSCOLO.
Compensation for Your Loss
By filing a wrongful death lawsuit, grieving loved ones may be awarded financial compensation to make up for their loss and for the economic impact associated with that loss. Damages may include:
- Medical costs
- Loss of quality of life for the deceased, prior to death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of income and benefits
- Loss of future income and benefits
- Loss of companionship and support
- Pain and suffering
The exact amount of compensation you will receive will vary based on the circumstances of your case. A lawyer from CHASENBOSCOLO will be able to give you a better idea of the damages available in your case during your consultation.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
Coping with a tragic loss is already overwhelming. If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s recklessness or negligence, call CHASENBOSCOLO immediately. Our Maryland attorneys are skilled, compassionate, and dedicated to helping you seek justice. While you focus on grieving, we can navigate the complicated legal system to get you the compensation you deserve for your loss.
Call us now at (301) 220-0050 or fill out our online form and get started on your free and confidential consultation. We will not charge you at all until you receive your settlement.