Maryland Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Maryland, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Motorcyclists have as much right to be on the road as passenger vehicles. They are also more vulnerable to injuries, since they have far less protection than passengers of a car do. This means that drivers of motor vehicles have a duty to look out for motorcycles and respect their space. When they fail in this duty, bikers can be severely injured. According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were 88,000 motorcycle injuries in 2015.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, CHASENBOSCOLO is here to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We can negotiate with insurance or opposing lawyers on your behalf while you focus on your health. To learn more about how we can help you after a motorcycle accident in Maryland, contact us today at (301) 220-0050.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
Motorcycle accident victims often experience multiple severe injuries. These can lead to long recovery times and may leave you mentally and physically exhausted. If you are unable to work, you are likely feeling even more frustration and anxiety about money. In the midst of this stress, it can be too much to try and handle making a legal claim. This is why it is best to have a motorcycle injury attorney on your side. They know exactly what to do in order to collect evidence and file a claim. At CHASENBOSCOLO, our team of motorcycle accident lawyers are skilled in the practice of personal injury law. We can handle all the legal responsibilities of your case. Let us take the stress off your shoulders so you can focus on your recovery and getting your life back to normal.
Motorcycle accident victims often encounter trouble when dealing with insurance companies. Insurance claims adjusters may seem like they want to make your life easier by offering a quick settlement, but what they are really trying to do is to get you to accept the lowest possible settlement amount, which can leave you without enough money to pay your medical bills. Insurance companies belong to a multi-billion dollar industry, and they can afford to pay you the maximum that your claim is worth – you should never accept anything less. At CHASENBOSCOLO, our motorcycle accident lawyers know all the tricks that insurance companies use when trying to lowball victims during settlement negotiations. With a lawyer by your side, you can rest assured that you will be treated fairly by the insurance company.
If you are reading this page, you have probably read and heard a lot about motorcycle accident lawsuits. The amount of information regarding rules, laws, and how to proceed can be confusing. When you bring a claim for compensation following your motorcycle accident, the only way you can be totally sure that you are going about the process properly is to have a legal professional on your case. Do not risk making mistakes in the claims process when your financial stability is at stake. A lawyer can ensure that you file all documentation properly and on time, that your claims are supported by evidence, and that the settlement you agree to is appropriate. With a lawyer’s help, you are far more likely to recover the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Why Choose CHASENBOSCOLO?
For the past 30 years, CHASENBOSCOLO has provided our clients with superior litigation of accident claims in Maryland. We hold our clients in the highest regard, making sure to always keep their interests as our top priority. Taking a personal interest in the outcome of our clients makes you part of our family, not just another case we’re handling. This kind of treatment can make the entire legal process far easier, and it contributes to our success. When we take the time to truly understand you and your situation, we are better equipped to handle your case.
Favorable case outcomes are most commonly results of detailed preparation. At CHASENBOSCOLO, we prepare every case as if it were going to trial. In reality, the majority of cases settle out of court, but preparing for trial ensures that every case is built with the detail needed in court. This means that if we do end up in court, we are prepared to win, but it also encourages insurance to settle for the full amount long before that point. This attention to detail and focus on our clients has allowed us to recover over $750 million.
The No Fee Guarantee offered at CHASENBOSCOLO is another reason to select our team to represent your case. We guarantee that you will not pay any attorney’s fees unless you win your case, period. We will cover the upfront costs of your case ourselves, and only take a fraction of your winnings as reimbursement. If we are unable to recover compensation for you, you will never owe us a dime. We believe that everyone has a right to quality legal representation.
Motorcycle Accident Cases
Motorcycle accidents are among the worst types of motor vehicle accidents because drivers do not have the luxury of steel body frames, airbags, and other security features. Your motorcycle accident likely either occurred because another driver was unaware of you or because they committed a traffic infraction. Many factors can contribute to motorcycle accidents, including:
- Distracted Driving: Any action that takes a driver’s eyes or focus away from the road is dangerous. This can include texting, talking on a cellphone, changing the radio, eating, drinking, applying makeup, using GPS, and even talking to other passengers in the vehicle.
- Intoxicated Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, and even some prescription medications can be extremely dangerous, slowing reaction times, impairing decision-making capabilities, and causing drowsiness.
- Drowsy Driving: Drivers who are drowsy or fall asleep behind the wheel may lose control of their vehicle, veer from their lanes, have slowed reaction times, or make poor decisions.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: If a vehicle fails to check their mirrors or blind spots, they may not see a motorcycle approaching a change lanes into them, causing an accident.
- Failure to Yield the Right of Way: If a vehicle fails to yield the right of way at an intersection, they may cause a serious collision.
- Turning Accidents: If a vehicle turns in front of a motorcycle, either approaching or going in the same direction, the resulting collision can be devastating to the motorcyclist.
- Speeding: The faster you drive, the more time you need to slow to a stop. Drivers who exceed the speed limit may not be able to stop in time in the event of an emergency, causing rear-end accidents which can be particularly deadly for motorcyclists.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws: Drivers who ignore traffic signals, posted road signs, or driving laws are putting everyone around them in danger.
- Aggressive Driving: Speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, running lights, ignoring road signs, failing to use signals, and other aggressive behaviors make a driver difficult to predict, increasing the likelihood of an accident occurring.
- Vehicle Malfunction: If your motorcycle or someone else’s vehicle malfunctions in some way, the operator can lose control of their vehicle, causing single- or multi-vehicle collisions even if the driver themselves did nothing wrong.
- Road Defect: Issues with the road, such as potholes, unclear signage, faded stripes, and more can cause both single- and multi-vehicle accidents.
No matter the circumstances that caused your accident, the next critical component of any motorcycle accident claim is to determine the responsible parties:
- Other Drivers: If another driver’s negligence caused your accident, they can be held accountable. It is likely that their insurance company will get involved in your claim.
- Vehicle Owners: If the driver of the vehicle was not the owner of the vehicle, you may be able to pursue the vehicle owner for your damages.
- Commercial Employers: If you were hurt by someone driving a vehicle as a part of their job, you may be able to seek compensation from the company that employed the driver.
- Government or Municipalities: If the condition of the roadway caused your accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation from a government or municipality. There are special rules regarding suing a government agency, including very short filing deadlines, so contact a lawyer immediately if this situation applies to your accident.
- Manufacturers and Designers: If a defect in your motorcycle or someone else’s vehicle was responsible for your accident, you may be able to recover damages from the manufacturer or designers.
Once we identify the responsible party or parties in your case, we will help you gather and organize the evidence needed for your claim. As a part of your representation by CHASENBOSCOLO, our motorcycle accident attorneys will review exactly how we will proceed, including giving you a preliminary timeline and legal strategy. We will always be available to answer your questions so you can feel confident in your case status.
Call CHASENBOSCOLO for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered substantial injuries from a motorcycle crash, you need experienced and knowledgeable representation. Our team of Maryland attorneys at CHASENBOSCOLO have been helping motorcycle injury victims get the compensation they deserve for over 30 years. Call today for a free consultation at (301) 220-0050.