- What’s considered a wrongful death? Any death caused by another person’s negligence—or failure to exercise caution—may be considered a wrongful death. At ChasenBoscolo, we can investigate the death of your loved one to determine who was responsible for it, and then we can hold them accountable. Call (800) 322-3380 or fill out a free contact request form and let us put our experience to work for you.
- What damages can I recover in a wrongful death case? There are three types of damages you can recover in a wrongful death case:
- Economic Damages
These damages exist to cover the tangible, financial losses or hardships you may experience as a result of your loved one’s death. For example: you may receive compensation for outstanding medical bills and burial expenses, loss of spousal income, financial support and more.
- Non-Economic Damages
This compensation helps cover non-tangible losses from the death of a loved one—such as the loss of love, companionship, affection, help raising children and more.
- Punitive Damages
Punitive damages are designed to punish the person whose negligent actions may have caused the death of your loved one.
- Economic Damages
- Who can file a wrongful death claim? After a wrongful death, you and your family have a right to receive compensation for your loss. Surviving family members who may file a wrongful death claim can include:
- Parents of a deceased child
- A surviving spouse
- Children of the deceased
A Maryland wrongful death lawyer at ChasenBoscolo can help your family file a claim for the loss of your loved one, and we’ll do everything we can to help you get the compensation you need to move on.
- What’s the difference between a civil and criminal case for a death? When an individual causes a person’s death, he or she may be held liable in both civil and criminal courts. Criminal cases for deaths are brought by the government and seek to punish the person responsible for the death. These cases involve prison sentences rather than monetary compensation.
- How can a lawyer help with my wrongful death claim?After the death of a loved one, you need time to grieve and support your family. At ChasenBoscolo, our wrongful death lawyers are dedicated to handling all of the legal and financial aspects of your wrongful death claim—giving you the peace of mind you need to work through the emotional difficulties of dealing with the untimely death.
Our Maryland wrongful death lawyers will always take the time to get to know you. We’ll listen to your case, plan a solution and explain how we’re going to fight for you every step of the way. That’s because we always put our clients’ needs first.