Sep 01, 2015 |
Avoid a Car Accident During the Labor Day Weekend
The Labor Day weekend is fast approaching and for many residents of the Mid-Atlantic, that means traveling for the long weekend. With more than 740,000 Washington, D.C., citizens planning to hit the roads and highways in the coming days, it’s important to be aware of the elevated risk of motor vehicle collisions an increase in traffic volume can bring.
To help keep you and your loved ones safe during the upcoming holiday weekend, our Washington, D.C., car accident lawyers at ChasenBoscolo Injury Lawyers would like to offer you these tips:
- Plan Ahead- Research the routes you plan to travel. This can help you to avoid congested traffic brought on by accidents, construction, or even weather.
- Leave Early- Allow yourself plenty of extra time to reach your destination.
- Buckle Up- Wearing a seatbelt or placing children in a car seat will help to reduce your chances of injury or death if you’re involved in a crash.
- Don’t Drink and Drive– Never get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or certain medications. Instead, use a designated driver or cab to get home safely. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s SaferRide App can help you get in touch with someone to give you a ride if you’re out and have had too much to drink.
- Obey the Law– This means obeying traffic signals, avoiding distractions while behind the wheel and no speeding.
Helping to protect the safety of motorists on the road is a priority for our Washington, D.C., personal injury attorneys at ChasenBoscolo Injury Lawyers and we’re hopeful these tips help you to have fun and safe Labor Day travels.