Reporting Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect in Maryland
If your loved one is in a life-threatening situation or facing immediate danger, dial 911. In non-emergency situations, take these steps to report nursing home abuse or neglect:
- Contact the Maryland Office of Health Care Quality (OHCQ)
The Long-Term Care Unit of the OHCQ enforces state and federal regulations for nursing homes and long-term care facilities. The OHCQ investigates complaints of suspected elder abuse and neglect and can assist families and attorneys with civil and criminal prosecution of negligent nursing staff.You can file a complaint online or dial one of the following numbers to report suspected abuse or neglect at a healthcare facility:
- Nursing Homes: (410) 402-8108 or toll-free (877) 402-8219
- Hospitals: (410) 402-8000 or toll-free (877) 402-8218
- Assisted Living: (410) 402-8217 or toll-free (877) 402-8221
- Home Health Agencies, Hospices or Residential Service Agencies: (410) 402-8040 or toll-free (877) 402-6005
- Adult Day Care: (410) 402-8201 or toll-free (877) 402-8219
- Talk to the Maryland Long-Term Care Ombudsman in Your County
Long-term care ombudsmen from the Maryland Department of Aging advocate on behalf of residents of nursing homes, care homes and assisted living facilities. Click here to find the ombudsman serving the county where your loved one resides.
- Contact ChasenBoscolo
At ChasenBoscolo, we’re here to stop harm caused by abusive or negligent nursing staff. We’ll investigate your complaints and help prevent future abuse to your loved one and other residents. Let us protect your family’s rights—dial (800) 322-3380 or complete a free online form today.
Get Our No Fee Guarantee®
At ChasenBoscolo, our No Fee Guarantee® is just one way we help put our clients at ease. It’s a simple promise that you won’t pay us attorney’s fees unless you win or settle your case. There are no upfront costs to get our help, and we’re here to answer your questions 24/7. So don’t wait to get a Lawyer that Cares—contact ChasenBoscolo today.